Crosby Group differentiates itself from other engineers on design-build teams
by understanding the cost impacts of multiple trades, structural systems,
and present day material costs. We have been able to bring real solutions that contractor’s appreciate.
Patrick Crosby, S.E. has been involved with helping shape the evolution of the design build
delivery method through his active participation in the Design-Build Institute of America,
becoming credentialed as a Designated Design-Build Professional in 2007. He has stayed involved
with DBIA serving on the BIM committee and was recently elected to the DBIA Board of Directors where he serves
as advocate for the design-build process.
With our design-build experience and in-house expertise, Crosby Group can successfully
navigate the challenges of the design-build process and is committed to teamwork to deliver
projects that not only meet the client’s needs, but meet the construction metrics of being on time,
on schedule and within budget.
Our recent Design-Build work includes:
- San Mateo County Regional Operations Center, Redwood City, CA, $30M
- Stanislaus County Public Safety Center Expansion, Ceres, CA, $82.4M
- Mule Creek Infill Complex, Ione, CA, $344.5M
- SLAC Science User & Support Building, Menlo Park, CA, $65M
- California Healthcare Facility, Stockton, CA, $514M
- Air Force Technical Applications Center, Miami, FL, $137M
- Vantage V1 Data Center, San Jose, CA, $26M
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center - Receiving & Support Center, San Jose, CA, $53.8M
- United States Southern Command Headquarters, Miami-Doral, FL, $213M
- South Placer Adult Detention Facility, Roseville, CA, $100M
- Skyline Community College, Administration, Cosmetology & General Classroom Building, San Bruno, CA, $50.5M
- Central Valley Juvenile Detention Facility, San Bernardino, CA, $51M
- UC Irvine Humanities Building, Irvine, CA, $26M
- San Joaquin County Administration Building, Stockton, CA, $105M
- Central Health Services Building, San Quentin State Prison, San Quentin, CA, $136M
- Skyline Community College, Student Union and Community Center and Science Annex, San Bruno, CA, $30.5M
- United States Penitentiary & Federal Correctional Institute, Victorville, Victorville, CA, $112M USP & $99M FCI
- San Juan County Adult Detention Facility, Aztec, NM, $21M
- San Francisco Jail #3 Replacement, San Bruno, CA, $110M
- Washington State Penitentiary, North Close Compound Adult Detention Facility, Walla Walla, WA, $90M
- San Jose Central Service Yard Expansion & Renovation, San Jose, CA, $40M
The Crosby Group has been fortunate to have been an integral participant on many significant projects and has received numerous awards.
"The solution Crosby presented was critical to helping the Clark/McCarthy team
win the contract (California Healthcare Facility). Finding a way to get structural
steel started very early increased the probability their team could meet our tight
project schedule. Crosby has a lot of design build experience so they have a clear
appreciation and understanding of what the client's expectations are for a
design-builder and how to meet them."
Michael Meredith, Project Director
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
Project: California Healthcare Facility, Stockton, CA
"To meet the fast-track completion schedule, Crosby Group had to hit the ground
running with their structural design, which they did. In a key way, that helps with
cost-effectiveness: By getting their design documents completed and approved on time,
they made it possible for project managers to get steel fabricated and delivered to
meet the aggressive schedule."
Dennis Newell, Resident Engineer
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Project: U.S. Southern Command Headquarters
"We found the Crosby Group to be very responsive in working with our firm
and the other team members on this major design-build project, the largest ever
awarded by the Federal Bureau of Prisons. They were very knowledgeable of building
systems and were able to work with our subcontractors to provide systems that were
the most cost-effective, commercially available and most importantly, constructible.
They had a “do-whatever-it-takes” attitude and worked as hard as the contractor team members
in order to complete the project over a month ahead of the contractual completion date.
The combined partnering effort of all of the team members, including the Crosby Group,
led to the project being awarded the Associated General Contractors’ (AGC) of America 2004
Marvin M. Black Excellence in Partnering Award."
Steve M. Grauer, Operations Manager
Hensel Phelps Construction Co.
Project: United States Penitentiary & Federal Correctional Institute